alan wake 2 Splits its campaign between the original game’s titular author and a new character, FBI Agent Saga. Although both play mostly the same, each has some unique elements. In addition to little touches like each having their own weapon and inventory, they also have different sets of collectibles to find. While Saga needs to track down and solve things like nursery rhymes and cult stashes, Alan’s hidden objects, called Words of Power, are in line with his profession. These are more concepts than actual, physical objects, and must be picked up in a unique way. Not only are they worth finding because they unlock a trophy, but they’ll also help level up the difficulty as they serve as upgrades for Alan. Our words may not be as powerful as Alan’s, but they can still guide you to the place of power in every word alan wake 2,
How words of power work
Words of Power are environmental objects that only Allen can interact with. When exploring its section, you will be able to search for these locations on the map and find a spiral of words written somewhere. To “collect” someone, all you have to do is shine your light at them from the right angle – your controller will vibrate to let you know you’re getting closer.
Words of Power are divided into seven types, each of which offers three different upgrade options in different areas. Here’s an explanation of each type and how they can improve Allen’s skills.
- Solution word: upgrades health stats
- Word of Gun: Upgrades weapon and ammo stats
- Word of War: Upgrades weapon damage
- Word of content: Upgrades inventory space, shows resources on the map, or adds charges to your torch
- Word of Help: Upgrades flares and healing items
- Action term: upgrading damage done or reducing damage done
- Words of the Lamp: Upgrades your flashlight capabilities
All words from places of power
Like all collectibles alan wake 2Words of Power are scattered throughout every major area you visit, some of which are only accessible later, once you’ve progressed the story or returned before the game ended.
dark place words of power
The first major area you reach as Alan has seven Words of Power to find, but the last cannot be obtained until you return after getting the code to the door that takes you to the Oceanview Hotel. Allows to go in.
- The first word you get is unforgettable because it is part of your main objective. After getting the revolver and torch, you will get a message about the fix above the door.
- Taking the light in your lamp from the first word, go back down the alley to the Caldera St station and use the light to illuminate a lamp above the stairs leading up. This will open a path allowing you to go up to the roof and through the door. You should see yellow arrows directing you the rest of the way to the Word Lamp.
- The word will be in the same room, in the northeastern part of the map, where you’ll find the Sheriff.
- Go south from the Sheriff and climb up some scaffolding across the street. This will throw you off guard and lead to a war of words between some air ducts.
- Go south again, and turn the taxi into a police cruiser by flashing its lights. Enemies will spawn when you do so, so be prepared. Go through the area where they ambushed you. The word is on the wall.
- After going down Draft Street, turn around and highlight this word under the bridge.
- Go to Wheeler Street and pick up this word from some trash cans outside the talk show studios.
subway words of power
Subway has also had a lot of power words throughout this time – 10.
- Immediately after boarding the subway, you will use an Echo to change the environment. Once you do this, the words will be on the train door.
- Look for this word from the breakroom on the other side of the barricade.
- Take the light and take it down the main tunnel and look behind a metal shelving rack.
- After climbing the ladder, turn around and duck under some construction. Look straight up to find this word.
- Once you’re inside the fire-damaged train, climb down the stairs, but not down the stairs. Instead, turn around and go around the corner. You have to destroy the wooden pallets to reveal the word.
- Now you can go down the stairs and find the next word on the left wall behind the gate.
- After reaching Shrine St. Station, go through the water and find the wall on the left.
- Board the train and scan the wall on the right to collect this word.
- On the other side of Shrine St., the next word is almost impossible to miss because it’s dead ahead.
- On your way up and out the stairs, stop next to the break room and look at the word through the closed fence.
Oceanview Hotel Words of Power
We only need to collect three words from the hotel.
- On the second floor, enter room 224 and break the wooden plank to enter the bathroom and get the word.
- As you walk through the hall, examine the glass panel above the door on your left. Through this, you can catch this secret word.
- Take a break at the bar and look straight up to collect another word.
Poet’s words of power of cinema
Our last three words are in the poet’s cinema.
- Once you find the break room, go up the stairs and look on the wall behind the standing lamp.
- Reaching the roof, go to the spotlight and look into the bottom corner of the window.
- Finally, the last word is posted on the large water tower.