Are you eager to uncover the latest insights into landing page statistics? Well, you are in for a treat.
In July 2023, we surveyed 101 experienced marketing and advertising experts from different corners of the United States to learn more about the latest trends in landing pages.
Landing pages, often considered the gateway to online success, play a vital role in today’s digital landscape. They are the vital bridge that connects potential customers to your brand’s offerings.
A well-crafted landing page can make the difference between a fleeting visitor and a dedicated customer.
In this article, we will not only highlight the invaluable insights gained from these industry leaders, but also highlight the immense value that a strategically optimized landing page can bring to your business. Let’s dive in.
16 statistics that make a case for landing pages
1. The average landing page conversion rate across all industries is 5.89%.
10% is the standard for a good conversion rate. To reach this goal, you need to create landing pages that benefit you and your target audience.
Whether you sell SaaS or clothing, higher conversion rates from landing pages means a longer list of leads to nurture into paying customers.
2. 43.6% of marketers say generating leads is their goal, while 33.7% say direct customer purchases are their top priority.
If you’re in either category, landing pages can be a valuable element of your marketing strategy. You can use them to generate leads, increase customer acquisition, and acquire free or paid customers.
3. 33.7% of marketers see higher conversion rates in 2023 compared to 2022.
Our survey shows that landing pages that convey positive emotions can help you get higher conversion rates.
This doesn’t mean you should abandon negative emotions like sadness and anger. When using emotions in marketing, consider the goal of your business and the landing page.
For example, a donation landing page doesn’t need to express happiness. It can range between happiness and sadness, allowing the audience to empathize, connect and serve the purpose.
4. Marketers drive traffic to landing pages with several tactics.
3% of the marketers we surveyed did not have a landing page promotion strategy, but others did. Here are the tips they use:
5. 38.6% of marketers say video is the #1 landing page element that impacts conversion.
If you already use video in your marketing, incorporating it into your landing page strategy can help you increase conversion rates.
In fact, 9 out of 10 people want companies to create more video in 2023 – making video an excellent tool for brand awareness and lead generation.
6. 30.7% of marketers say the ideal number of questions on a landing page form to get the best conversions is four.
There is no one-size-fits-all for the number of questions to ask on your landing page form.
In a separate study of e-commerce brands, Omnisend found that the highest number of form fields converted is 3, with an average conversion rate of 10%.
The most popular combinations use email address and name (7%) and email address and date of birth (5.7%).
While three questions work for some, two may work for you. So, experiment to find out what works. At HubSpot, creating multi-page forms is a form optimization strategy that works for us.
7. 10.9% of marketers report that landing page forms only require name and email.
Other marketers collect information such as role, company size, location, years of experience, phone number, company address, contact location, and company industry.
8. 6.9% of marketers surveyed use HubSpot to design landing pages.
Marketers use many content management systems to design their landing pages. When choosing one, make sure it is versatile enough to meet your needs.
9. Landing pages are the least popular type of signup forms, but they have the highest conversion rates (23%,
Using landing pages to capture customer contact information for lead nurturing is likely to increase conversions.
10. Businesses that use optimization software for their landing pages see an average conversion increase 30%,
While optimization is always an essential factor for generating traffic, using optimization tools for your landing page strategy is valuable for increasing conversions.
11. Addressing buyer fears on landing pages can increase conversion rates 80%.
Inbound 2019 keynote speaker Marcus Sheridan shared one of his experiments about customer fear. They found that addressing concerns like email spam or use of personal data on their landing pages increased their form conversion rates.
If your landing pages aren’t converting much, consider using Sheridan’s strategy. Be upfront with consumers about what will happen if they fill out the form on your landing pages.
12. Convert personalized CTA 202% better Compared to default versions.
Consumers love personalization because it ensures that they are not overloaded with irrelevant information that may not interest them. Given this, using personalized and targeted CTAs in your landing pages is likely to increase your conversion rates.
13. 55% of top landing pages on HubSpot blogs came from submissions ebook offer,
If you have a blog or website that wants to deliver long-form instructional content, offering eBooks on your landing pages can help increase your business conversion rates.
14. omen It is said that pages that load in one second convert 3 times more than pages that load in 5 seconds.
Customers won’t stick around if your landing page takes too long to load. So, make sure you do everything you can to improve your page speed.
15. the The cost to create a landing page ranges from $75 to $3000,
What affects your cost of creating a landing page depends on several factors. Are you working with an in-house creator or outsourcing to a freelancer or company? Is the landing page simple or complex? Do you need a landing page design?
16. Landing pages have the best signup rates.
Compared to popups, signup boxes, and Wheels of Fortune, landing pages have the best signup rates at 23%.
The interesting part? About 66% of all signup forms are popups. Compare this to landing pages that make up 5.1% of all signup forms, and what you see is an opportunity to create more landing pages and maximize conversions.
Landing pages are a valuable part of your marketing strategy
With the above statistics in mind, marketers who create landing pages that build trust with page visitors, provide valuable information, and use a variety of content see higher conversion rates.
Whether you’re already using them and not getting the results you want or you’re new to landing pages in general, using them (and following best practices) will help you attract new customers and revenue. Will help in increasing.